About FBC Belvidere
"Through Christ, we will reach and connect with our community and help believers grow to serve and honor God."
(Matthew 22:37-40 & Matthew 28:19-20)
~ Core Values ~
1. Our chief goal is to assist people in their own spiritual journey, leading them into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and guiding them towards maturity in Christ (Matthew 28:16-20).
2. Spiritual growth happens in five areas:
a. Instruction: knowing God (2 Timothy 2:16 & 3:16; Hosea 6:3).
b. Fellowship: building and restoring relationships with God's people (Hebrews 10:23-24; Acts 2:42; 1 John 1:6-7).
c. Worship: exalting Christ corporately and individually (Psalm 34:1-3, 96:1-3, 100, 103:1-5, et.al).
d. Service: living with a Godly purpose (Ephesians 2:10, 6:6-9; Hebrews 13:16; James 2:14-26).
e. Outreach: sharing our faith in Christ to non-believers (Colossians 4:5-6; Romans 10:9-10; Matthew 28:18-20).
3. Prayer is essential (Matthew 9:37-38; Ephesians 6:18).
4. Biblical principals are the foundation of Christian life with Jesus Christ as the cornerstone (Matthew 5:17; 1 Peter 2:4-8).
5. We believe in pursuing high moral and ethical standards and striving for excellence in all we do (1 Corinthians 10:13; Colossians 3:23).
6. We believe in building strong, godly families, and friendships (Psalm 68:6; 1 John 1:3-4; Ephesians 2:19).
7. We believe in Biblical stewardship of resources (Malachi 3:10; Matthew 25:14-28; Ephesians 4:12-13, 5:15-16; 1 Peter 4:10-11).
8. We believe in serving, assisting, and supporting others locally, nationally, and worldwide in the name of Jesus Christ (Act 1:8, Ephesians 2:8).
9. Christian maturity will bring us into spiritual unity and harmony (Psalm 133:1; Ephesians 4:3-6, 14-16).
10.God's design is than man and woman either be joined in a perpetual monogamous relationship or live in a single state (Genesis 2:18, 21-24). The practice of extramarital sex, adultery, or homosexuality is inconsistent with biblical teaching (1 Corinthians 6:9-20).